Sunday, November 27, 2011

Inspirational Piece #1: Poem

http://www.policepoems.com/AnotherNightOfCrime.htm

This poem is about a police officer who is working the night shift.  The officer spots a crime and chases the suspect up a set of stairs but the suspect pushed him and the other officers down the stairs and shot him.  When I found this poem, I originally was searching for crime poems because I thought our examples had to relate to our topic.  I believe this was the third link in google, but I decided to keep it as my inspiration because it did help me in writing my poem.  The author had 6 stanzas with 4 lines in each.  She didn't use any rhyming scheme in her poem, even though the first two stanzas seem to have an ABCC rhyming scheme.  She used a bit of repitition with "day" and "another" in the first and last stanzas.  The target audience is definitly people with a law enforcement background.

No comments:

Post a Comment